Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a great way to turn 35






Friday, August 22, I turned 35 years old. I was kind of not looking forward to that number. I'm not really sure why because actually every year that God allows me to live is a huge blessing. Anyway, Jeff and I are smack dab in the middle of our shed clean out project and I looked at Friday as a day that I could get a massive amount of work done. On Thursday, the girls at work had given me gifts and we had brownies and ice cream so as far as I was concerned the whole birthday chapter was closed for another year. Oh well, shows what I know!! One of my best friends,Lauree, called and said that she would like to prepare a nice dinner for me and my family but I declined due to the amount of work I had planned on getting done. She was extremely persuasive and Jeff said that if someone was going to be nice enough to cook for me that I should go. So, reluctantly I accepted. Only guess what! We swung by our church on the way to her house to drop some stuff off and there it was. Just as I stepped through a door, SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Yep, there was a big old party waiting for me. I could not have been more surprised if I had waken up with my face sewn to the carpet! I have only had one other birthday party my entire life. We all had a great time. Thanks to all of my wonderful friends who helped to ease me into 35.

11 comments:

Shonna said...

What a nice celebration...Happpy
35th!!!

Beth said...

Mother and I said on your birthday, "Today is Rebecca's birthday." So we remembered! Happy Birthday and I'm glad your sweet friends gave you such a nice surprise. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I just turned 35 myself back in March. It's not so bad. Kim

The Clarks said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Robbie said...

Couldn't believe that you didn't have a smidgen of an idea that something was going on. You've now got me beat ... I've never had a birthday party either. I'm glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Rebecca. "35"
Huh! Only 15 years from "50". Maybe you'll catch up with me.
Nice party. I'm envious.

Love you!
Vickie

The Martins said...

Happy Birthday neighbor!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Yes, Rebecca we did remember your birthday. We were at Beth's jewelry show and when I put the date on my check I immediately thought of you. You were close to our hearts. I told Ricky at bedtime it was your birthday and he recalled one of his fondest Rebecca memories. He said one the greatest blessing of his christian life was being paired w/you for prayer meeting. I thought you might like to know that. We love you!!! Cathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca!! I too turned 35 this past March. It's really not bad at all, I water skied and even knee boarded with 2 360's for the 1st time in my life this summer at lake Martin. It was totally awesome. I'm always up for a good time. I hope I never grow old and become an old fogie.

Anonymous said...

P.S. That was from me Rebecca. It's late I better go to bed. Kelley garner

Anonymous said...

I wasn't invited to the party.
Boo Hoo. Guess I'm too old. Just kidding. I love you anyway. And I didn't forget you.