Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun

Will has been so excited for Halloween to finally arrive. He actually got to go to two Halloween carnivals and was also awarded "student of the month" at the awards day on Oct. 31. Several months ago I begin to try and come up with some kind of a cute idea for my precious little angel to dress up like for Halloween. We don't actually do "Halloween things". We normally just go to a church carnival. But still, all of the kids dress up and have a good time looking at each others costumes. I do not have any kind of a problem with children wanting to play dress up and go to have fun at a carnival. Some people have ideas that Halloween is evil. Perhaps they are doing evil things but we do not!! Anyway, I got on ebay and Will happen to see this horrible snake costume that he said he would just die if I didn't win for him. It started out at $11.00. To make a long story short, it ended being over $50. I should have nipped it early on but, Will really knows how to get me to do things for him I normally would never do. This costume arrived a few weeks ago and Jeff and I laughed and laughed. When he put the thing on it looked like he was some kind of silly lizard or something in that family. I mean, hello, snakes do not have arms or legs and these are not easily hidden or cut off for just one night at a Halloween carnival. Oh well, he absolutely loved it. We actually thought of dressing up too and going as Steve and Terri Irwin. We also entertained the notion of letting Will carry an apple and Jeff and I going as Adam and Eve. After much pontificating on the subject we decided that nudity (even with fig leaves) probably would not be the wisest decision. In the end we decided to just dress up as Jeff and Rebecca. Good Choice!!! I have added some pics of our fun night at West Ellisville Baptist Church. They have the greatest carnival and we have gone every year since we moved here. They had about 1300 people go through their doors that night. They really know how to throw a party or as sponge bob would say "PAR-TAY". Our buddies the Ward's joined us for the fun. We all had a blast.

8 comments:

Shonna said...

You never fail to make me laugh...thanks!!

Tell Will his "snake" was well worth the $50 and I am glad ya'll had fun at the carnival!

Robbie said...

Looks like ya'll had fun. BUT we're gonna top that in a couple of weeks, huh? On another note, did ya'll make a sale??

jeff and rebecca said...

Yes, Robbie I think we might just have one even bigger. No, not yet, I have lots to tell you about that subject. You will never believe what the word verification word was -hothussi Isn't that a scream!!!

Anonymous said...

MAN!!! I was sure hoping for a little nudity! Especailly of you, Rebecca! ;) Looks like yall had a great time! You're right Halloween doesn't have to be an evil time... but unfortunely there are a lot of people who do make it evil! But not us! I love yall and miss yall like crazy! Yall are too funny! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Will looked great. I not sure I would have have spent $50 on an outfit. In fact we went through to old costumes this year. Carson was a lion, but my mom said he looked like Tina Turner.

The Clarks said...

What we mommas will do for our little angels, right? Way to win that costume Mama!

Beth said...

What a neat costume!

Mother said you thought for sure I had fallen off the face of the earth...well I feel like it! My computer is torn up and I have been out of touch with the world~literally!!!!!!! I hope to get it back soon!!

Laura Bennett said...

Those pumpkin carvings are great!!!That Halloween costume was awesome. . . One scarey snake . . .I hope you are getting ready for this weekend. . . .My kids are SO excited.