Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun in the Autumn sun!

Saturday Will's cub scout troop met at Mitchell Farms in Collins, Mississippi. We had such a great time. We were taken all around the place on this big wagon pulled by a tractor. They had the most beautiful fields of sunflowers. The only bad part was that they were covered with bees. Will was a scaredy cat about standing too close to them. Each person that went on the tour was given a pumpkin. We now have a total of 9. I am not quite sure what we are going to do with all of them. I hope they last until Thanksgiving so I can just use them for my fall decoration. We discovered that the owners wife was actually the tour guide. Stacey Martin had mentioned to me that the Mitchells had some connection with Andalusia. Sure enough, she confirmed this. She knew alot of people that we knew from there. Isn't it a small world!! The highlight of this trip for my husband was the BOILED PEANUTS!!!! I must say they were spectacular!!!! They were called super jumbos. They were by far the most gigantic peanuts I have ever seen before. Some people like them small but not me. The best part was that they were only $1.00 per bag. Mrs. Mitchell told us that these nuts were originally used to feed hogs back during the depression. I say those are far too yummy for hogs. Just give them to the Taylors. We will gladly take care of them.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like fun! Will Taylor doesn't even look like Will Taylor!!!!!!!! He is getting so growny looking!! I cannot believe how much his looks have changed since I saw him last! Glad y'all had a good time!

Shonna said...

Was that an Auburn cap that I saw on one of those "peanuts"?

You got some really good pictures of Will and of you and Jeff! Good ole' family fun can't be beat!!!

Robbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbie said...

WOW...at the sunflower field! This must have been so beautiful IRL.

I have to admit...I believe this is the first time I've seen a picture taken of the inside of the john before. Oh, that's right, ya'll's is outside. We've had these in MS for quite a while!

Now ... let me see ... I see a picture of the 'Enter' sign, BUT none of the inside of the maze ... wonder why??????? Hmmmmm ...

jeff and rebecca said...

Shonna, NO! That is NOT an Auburn cap!!!! Unfortunately those are the cub scout colors. If I had known beforehand I probably would not have been in favor of this. Hahahaha

Robbie, That isn't a bathroom. That is a Mississippi voting booth. I thought I would help you know where to go next week for the election! Also, no I did not venture into the maze!!!!!